Popular Post

BLOGGERS DO IT BETTER - Menswear Prep

Here was the challenge this week from Kristina @ Pretty Shiny Sparkly.

Menswear Prep School
Raid your boyfriend/husband/brother’s closet. Find a tie or bow tie (everyone’s gotta have one for this assignment, no exceptions). Pair it with a button-down shirt (or whatever you can find! go creative!) and top it off with a vest, cardigan, or blazer of some sort. There is a lot of room for freedom and creativity here, as always, but one thing I’d really like to see on everyone is a tie or bow tie (you can improvise with a cravat or something) and a vest or blazer. Feel free to skirt it up, or go all out with tailored pants! You name it, it is yours to have fun with. One thing I love is that it can be feminized so very easily: with some stilettos, a few stacking bracelets, dangly earrings, etc. I’m already dreaming up creations in my head!

Since I have neither of the above 3 in my life, I raided my Dad's closet and borrowed his white button-up and 2 of his ties and came up with a few different looks!

























Ensemble:

Tie(s): My Dad's
Blazer: New York & Company
Skinny Jeans: Target
Pumps: Connie (Famous Footwear)


Photos courtesy of my Dad


At first I wasn't sure that I would participate in this challenge, because I had no menswear at home, Houston!! But this challenge came at the perfect time because I was headed back to my hometown to visit my family, and figured I could raid my Dad's closet for something to wear! Here is my menswear look #2:




And last but not least my menswear look # 3:





Which look did you like the best? This challenge turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be!! Make sure you check out what other bloggers did for the challenge by checking out the link up post on Bloggers Do It Better: Here

Also don't forget to check out my Fan Feature Friday Post that was up earlier today! It featured Natalie of The Bobby Pin.

Luv,