Popular Post

As An Audience Member Does It

Last night I had the opportunity to be apart of the studio Audience for "America's Got Talent". They were wrapping up their final round of auditions and their last city stop was Houston, TX. So a friend of mine picked up tickets for the final showing. Closer to the show she sent us the dress code for being an audience member (who knew there was a dress code?). It was pretty strict and went as follows:




NO JEANS, NO T-SHIRTS, NO HATS, NO SHORTS, NO WHITE TOPS, OR NO CLOTHING WITH LOGOS ALLOWED. YOU MUST DRESS NICELY FOR ADMITTANCE. NO EXCEPTIONS!

PLEASE WEAR DARK or BRIGHT COLOR CLOTHING!!!
BUT NO ALL WHITE CLOTHING



NO OPEN-TOED SHOES OR HEELS ALLOWED. Due to safety restrictions, you may not wear any open-toed shoes, No sandals, No flip-flops and No open-toed heels. You must wear closed-toed, flat shoes!

They recommended dresses, slacks, sweaters and jackets for women. So I opted for the dress and flats. I apologize for the fuzzy photos. My camera produces better quality outside, but I didn't take these until after the event, and it was too dark outside my apartment for quality pictures!







Ensemble:
Dress: Express
Shoes: Marc Fisher (Macy's)
Cropped Cardigan: H&M
Earrings: Mint
Necklace: Vendor @ Shecky's Girl's Night Out


So those of us who paid strict attention to the dress code were surprised when we showed up to find everyone in line for the audience was wearing whatever they wanted, and still got in...oh well, you win some and you lose some! I saw stilettos, white shirts, etc...Here are few pics of the amount of people in line to get in. The line was wrapped around the building...it was CRAZY!!









I thought the taping was going to start at 6pm, but it actually didn't start until 7pm. We had to wait outside while all the individual seaters sat first (we had about 28 of us in a group). We stood outside in the Houston heat for an hour...that's not a good look for any one trying to look cute! The humidity attacked us, and my hair fell flat...Dang, hope I actually didn't get on camera now! LOLOL. The taping won't actually premiere until the new season starts in the Fall.

**SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!**


The acts were half and half, some were really great, and the rest were terrible. I've actually never watched the show, so I had no idea about the buzzers...So I was cracking up when the judges were buzzing people in the middle of their horrible acts! This one girl (native of San Antonio) is an aerialist/gymnast, and she was flipping off of a 4"beam suspended in the hair by her husband and brother in law, with no net...it was so crazy and scary, I was freaking out! Then there was a knife throwing act that was good. This 17 year old boy sang really really well. There was an 18 year old boy that sang a song from Broadway's Jekyl & Hyde....All of those acts were good...but of course for entertainment there had to be the horrendous ones...

There was this 60 year old woman that came out in like full faux leather with this crazy blonde wig hair who tried to be Tina Turner. There was Bad Mime, and the name of his act, was actually "THe Bad Mime", and yea he got it right, because he was horrendous! Then there were these creepy, awkward stilt walker people...the worst was this duo of voluptuous females who rapped and danced to "Drop It Low"...uh yea...they were X-d! AHAHAHA But going to the taping was so fun! They had food and drink there, and I was there with my friends!



**SPOILER OVER! SPOILER OVER! SPOILER OVER! SPOILER OVER! SPOILER OVER!**

I was able to take a picture with one of the auditioners (The Aerialist), so if she wins the show, I can say I met her and took a pic with her!


The Aerialist and I




Afterwards my friends and I stopped by a bar that was right next door to the Theater, where I saw this creepy sign in the woman's bathroom




Quickly after discovering this sign we made a quick exit and stopped for a quick picture before heading home.






I'm participating in Bloggers Do It Better - Color Blocking, click the link to check it out!

Love,