Popular Post

Tan and Green Plaid



ENSEMBLE
Pants: NY&Co
Vest: NY&Co
Top: NY&Co
Watch: Michael Kors
Shoes: Connie (Famous Footwear)

Once again I'm pulling from the archives of my clothes and still trying to make these bigger clothes work.  I love shopping and I love fashion, but I'm definitely a frugalista, and spending a lot of money on a whole new wardrobe because I've lost 30 lbs has turned out to be extensive and expensive. I was my old weight for a long time, so I have years of "bigger-size" clothing and only a few bins of smaller clothes. So slowly but surely I'm building up my wardrobe, but in the mean time I need to make these older pieces work.

For my vest, it actually has a built in belt in the back to cinch it along the waist, so I safety pinned it at it's farthest pull over point so it actually fit.

For my pants I added another hole to the belt to keep them up. They still look baggy and folded along the hip line, so I think I like the outfit combination with wearing the shirt un-tucked (to hide the bagginess) as opposed to tucked in. If this was a tailored suit, tucked in would definitely be the way to go!!

As far as the color scheme the stripes in the tan vest and pants are a dark green, so I picked a dark green top to pull out the subtle green stripes in the plaid design.