Popular Post

The Clown Affair

Here's how to build an outfit based on a key item: Shirt

This is a very "grab your attention" shirt. To avoid looking like a clown, you should think of ways to minimize it, especially if you are wearing it for work.

First think of the pattern of the shirt. With a shirt like this, you probably want to stay away from any other patterns in your outfit.

Even though this shirt is only black and white, other colors could appear as a clash of patterns to the naked eye. Therefore I chose black as my toning down color. (You can hardly go wrong with black). First the shirt...a jacket or blazer could work to cover the shirt...but I liked the ruffles on the sleeve and did not want to hide them, therefore I thought vest. The shirt is long so I wanted a long vest. I then kept it basic with black pants.

With a shirt like this, you want to keep accessories small. I chose a pair of gunmetal studs, and an S-Chain necklace. I would even recommend forgetting the necklace all together.

Final Look

Pants: NY &Co
Shoes: Connie (Famous Footwear)
Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Vest: NY&Co