Popular Post

Salon Day

To be frank...going to a salon/spa can take up a LOT of your time. It doesn't matter if you are getting your hair styled, pedi-manis, waxing, massages, etc. For me? It's my hair. I know that when I go to the salon at least 2 hrs will be gone.

You should pick a day to get these things done when you have a lot of time to give up. Unfortunately for most women that time falls on the weekend. So even though you have free time so do the rest of the women in America.

Try finding out if your salon has evening hours during the workdays. Then, you could leave work 15 minutes early one day to make it to the salon. Usually salons aren't as busy during the work week because...everyone is working. Or if your particular item is very fast, maybe try going over lunch.

One time, I went to have my eyebrows waxed on a Sunday, and you would not believe the difference in wait time between Saturday and Sunday.

Use Time Effectively at Hair Appointment
When I go to the salon, I make sure I bring reading materials (usually my latest InStyle magazine or a book). I make sure my cell phone is FULLY charged. It's a nice time to bring an appointment book, and figure out what you have to do for the rest of the day before it's time to go out. Make sure you have snacks and a bottled water (or at least some loose change for the vending machine).

Finding a Hair StylistI recently had to change hair stylists, because mine moved to California in December :(. This is a very frightening time for a gal!! No longer do you have the comfort of consistency! Your stylist learns your hair from the inside out, she knows the right products to use, she knows how to make it look perfect. WHAT DO YOU DO NOW!?!?

To find a new stylist, I recommend asking a co-worker or friend whose hair always looks perfect! I am not one to try out different hair stylists for my hair with random drive-by salon visits. I need to go to someone right off the bat that knows what they are doing. My friend Valerie recommended me to Alex Burton Salon with stylist Felise Edwards on Westheimer.

I really like Felise and her assistant. They have styled my hair 3 times in the last 8 weeks! And the prices are reasonable. This is a picture of Felise's assistant who has found her own personal style! This could be you too!


All in all it was a good day at the salon
~S