Popular Post

Lakehouse Effect


Today I felt like I wanted to be sitting on a porch near a lake, chillin on a porch swing, and sippin' Lemonade, and that's how the outfit evolved...The key item was this capped sleeveless shirt.  It's a pastel blue which is great for the spring.  From there I knew I wanted all of my colors to be "Light and Springy", so I chose the pants and the shoes.  Then because with a button down and pants I felt a bit plain jane, I added the belt, and the headband.  Last minute I ran back in my apartment for the scarf. I like both looks with or without the scarf. 

To get the bundled scarf affect around the neck follow these steps.
1.  First fold the scarf in half to shorten the length

2. Then fold the scarf around your neck in a U-Shape

3.  Take the ends on the right (that are not together) and pull them through the left (the loop).  Pull the lose pieces through until the scarf is tight around your neck like a "choker" necklace, BUT NOT TOO TIGHT! lol
4.  Then tie the lose ends into a bow

5.  Tuck Under Shirt
I am really into embellished headbands right now, ever since my friend Jessica wore one. It looked so cute, so I decided to try it myself, and I went out and bought a couple. This turqoise one just felt right with this outfit.

And last but not least, the shoes.  Madden by Steve Madden
Ensemble:
Capped Sleeve Button-Down:  NY&Co
Shoes:  Madden Girl by Steve Madden (The Shoe Department)
Scarf:  Actually came with a pair of shorts I bought a long time ago as the belt, I use it as a neckscarf
Belt: Don't Remember
Headband:  NY&Co

~Shasie