Popular Post

RODEO HOUSTON - Brooks and Dunn

On Saturday, I went to the rodeo, and not the rodeo that is the name of the entire thing for the month of March, but the ACTUAL rodeo event.    Apart of the rodeo was the Brooks and Dunn concert.  I don't really know there songs, but I  thought I would at least recognize one song. I thought I did, but then I was like...uh maybe not, but either way it was cool it was their last rodeo tour.   I have to say I had fun at the rodeo but I probably will not go back.  A horse was injured and had to be put to sleep because of the bareback racing, and I do not like that, so that was my first and last rodeo :-/...oh well.

Here is my outfit:


My original plan was to go out and buy a pair of cowgirl boots to fit in...but then I didn't feel like spending $200 bucks for boots I'd probably only wear once or twice a year.  This is the Cost Per Use conundrum that you should remind yourself of when shopping.  I probably will still buy a pair, but some cheap ones from Macy's or something.  It worked out because it ended up being a rainy day anyway, and I wouldn't have wanted to wear $200 boots in the rain...

So second choice were the rain boots (Key Item Alert).  Rain boots are not the most attractive footwear, but they get the job done in the rain.  With rainboots I like to tuck in my pants, so I knew I was going to wear skinny jeans that would fit comfortably inside.  I still wanted to have that "slight" taste of country so I picked a button shirt, and because it was purple I chose the purple scarf.  The was the end of the outfit and then I remembered it was raining and threw on the hat.  A hat is a good go-to for raindays, either wear it in the rain, or if your hair gets wet, you can throw on a hat to improve your "wet-dog" look :)


Ensemble:
Hat: From sister
Scarf:  NY&Co
Shirt:  Target
Boots:  Roxy (DSW)
Jeans:  NY&Co

~S