Popular Post

Life in I Style Fashion Event - A. Taghi

Tonight I went with my friend Jessica to a "Fashion Event" at A. Taghi Fine Apparel for Men and Ladies Shop on Westheimer.  The event was hosted by Esquire Mag (The editor was there) and Life in I Style.
I was a little put down when I found it, it wasn't an actual Fashion show, but just a shopping event for Fine Italian clothing, but I still had a great time.  We mingled with other people there, browsed the Womens' Boutique and sipped on fine wine.  They had catering from Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse.  The food was great, (minus the incident where I dropped the stuffed mushroom.)  All it in all it was great time. 

How to dress for Fashion events? When attending Fashion events, I automatically assume I need to dress up. Yet that may not always be the norm.  It depends on the mood that the host is trying to achieve.  Just be sure to read the invitation, and maybe check with the RSVP host on attire if it is not described on the invitation. I have been to more casual events, where it's just jeans and cute top. But in any case, standing out at a Fashion event is never a bad thing.  If you can and depending on price, it's always suggested wearing an item from the designer, or "shop" that is putting on the event to show support.  As you can see I did not do this for A. Taghi's Event, as this was the first time I had heard of the store.

I really enjoy going to fashion events, and I'm going to try to go to many more, in preparation for Houston's First Annual Fashion Week (Nov. 2010).  If you are really into Fashion, you should try and go to some events in your area.  It's a good way to network.  Try googling "Fashion Events" or checking out some magazines.   Also try your city's newspapers & magazines.  Houston has "H" and "Houston" magazine that advertise for all types of events in Houston.

Ensemble
Dress: NY&Co
Tights: Macy's
Shoes:  Carlos Santana (Macy's)
Necklace:  NY&Co
Bag:  JcPenny's

~S