Popular Post

Houston Women's Show - The Outfit


This blog entry is on my outfit for the Houston Women's Show. I will have a separate blog to talk about the event itself.  I had so much fun with this outfit, I may have taken too many pictures! LOL  But at least you know I work out, because you can see my resistance band in the background.


Where:  Houston Women's Show
Ensemble
Shoes:  Payless
Necklace, Dress, Jacket:  NY&Co
Lipstick: SenseCosmetics (Semi-Permanent Lipstick)
Watch:  Gift from my Sister

I was attending a shopping event, with cocktails,chocolates, massages and make-up etc, so why not dress up? I definitely did a quick change act from what I wore to work earlier in the day to what I wore to the show.  I've had this dress in my closet for a few weeks now, and I've been trying to think of when and where I could wear it...tonight was the perfect opportunity.    The dress isn't "fancy" but with the right accessories it stands out.  I love the long strands of pearls.  To shake up my pics, I shook my hair :-p

This dress is very flattering for any size, with the criss-cross flaps, it hides problem areas.  It's also a perfect line between body-conscious and loose.  The dress clings enough to give you shape, but not enough to identify "problem" areas ---stomach...muffin-top...back-fat, etc.    It's is a tank dress, and as I assumed correct the venue for the Houston Women's Show had the A.C. on full blast.  It was very humid today, but I decided to still wear my favorite blazer for the "indoor weather"

~Shasie