Popular Post

Houston International Festival

 
Yesterday, my company volunteered at the Houston International Festival.  The theme this year was the Carribean. I love this festival, as it is one of the most diverse events in Houston.  Each year they pick a country or region to spotlight as the main theme, but there are other cultures to enjoy as well.  The festival has tons of live performances, multi-ethnic foods, and plenty of vendors selling everything from jewelry to "shea butter" to pieces of art.  Our volunteer shift was from 11:30am to 3:30pm, and we manned the Beverage Stand.  After my shift I changed into the below outfit and had all intentions of exploring the festival with my friends, and buying lots of unique pieces of jewelry...

Unfortunately my body had a different plan for me.  I only survived about 40 minutes after my shift before the "falling like snow" pollen took over and I was suffering too much to enjoy the festival.  I had to leave my friends and go home, and spent the rest of my Saturday on the couch trying every home remedy I could find to relieve allergy reactions because I couldn't take any more over-the-counter allergy meds.  I actually wanted to cry because I didn't get to sit and enjoy any of the live performances that I enjoy so much at iFest. I barely had time to buy this set of jewelry which I kindly hustled for $15 from the vendor...
I actually wore this set today for my second trip to the Houston Women's Show.   All in all, between the two trips to the Women's Show and iFest I'm not sure how much I dropped on shopping this weekend, but I live for shopping at events like this.  This is where you can choose stuff unique to you, and odds are you may be the only one in a 50 mile radius with the piece of jewelry that you scooped up.  Unlike buying jewelry at departments stores...

Please stay tuned for my detailed Houston Women's Show Blog! It will be something to read with tons of links to my fav vendors and pics of everything I bought!

~Shasie