Popular Post

Day 1 - 4 Outfits in 1 Day - Fort Lauderdale& Miami

Outfit Number 1
This is what I wore on the plane and then when it was time to go to the beach, I just threw on the hat and a bathing suit on under the dress.  This dress is very comfy. It's from Target and is soft and is flowy.  Makes a nice Beach Cover Up or a Summer Dress.  The Beach Bag is also from Target. I picked it up for $10.00 right before the cruise. I like it because it has 4 exterior pockets. Ever go to the beach and you have to hunt to the bottom of the bag for your camera, wallet, and smaller items?? Well I put that stuff in the exterior pockets and Access was so much better.

Ensemble:
Dress:  Target
Flip Flops:  J. Crew circa 2002??
Beachbag:  Target $10.00
Hat:  Don't remember, but floppy beach hats are readily everywhere this time of year
Outfit Number 2
This is the bathing suit I wore to the Florida beaches.  Some people say I could have gotten away with a two-piece, but if I don't feel comfortable I'm not going to do it. It's all about your comfort zone.  Unfortunately I am extremely top-heavy and that makes it hard to wear "cheap" bathing suits, because they either don't cover enough, or they don't support enough.  So I usually have to pay a pretty penny for my suits. I tend to order all my bathing suits from Victoria's Secret, because they offer them based on bra-size.  This one was not from Vicky S, it was a Miracle Suit on-sale at Macy's
Ensemble:
Miracle-Suit Bathing Suit:  Macys ($80.00)
Outfit Number 3
Of course coming back from the beach, my dress was wet, so I had to change for dinner.  We did have plans to go out later that night, but I didn't want to wear my going out dress to dinner, since we were just going to eat in the hotel, so I pulled out another one of my bathing suit cover-up dresses and accessorized to make it not look so plain

Ensemble:
Dress:  Some cheap store in the Mall in PA, circa 2007
Necklace:  NY&Co
Headband:  NY&Co
Outfit Number 4
For going out in Fort Lauderdale, I wanted to look super cute.  So I pulled out this ruffle dress.  I have to say this dress was almost not worn.  Being top-heavy, it makes it hard to wear tube dresses, because without the straps on the strapless bra, the bra tends to fall down, and you are forced to pull it up all night. So I decided to leave the straps on, but then that wasn't cute to me anymore, so right before we left, I ended up removing the straps, and keeping them in my purse just in case, and just dealt with the nuisance of always having to pull my dress and bra up.  Had I had more time, I probably could have engineered something with safety pins, which is what I've had to do before in the past!!!
Ensemble:
Dress:  Express
Belt:  Closet
Shoes:  Chinese Laundry (DSW)
Strapless Bra:  Victoria's Secret

All in all it was a good first day of vacation with friends
~Shasie